TVL – Information and Communication Technology (ICT Strand)
Get in touch with us!
Need More Information About Our SHS Programs? Fill-up the form below and we’ll get back to you within 24 Hours
Overview of the ICT Strand
Information Communication and Technology or ICT Strand is one of the strands offered under Technical-Vocational Livelihood (TVL) Track of K-12 curriculum. ICT strand subjects seek to teach students concepts and skills in information technology.
ICT in Senior High School equips students with the skills and knowledge they need to qualify for TESDA-backed certifications such as the Certificate of Competency (COC) and National Certifications (NC). These ICT strand courses ensure that TVL track graduates of the ICT strand in SHS can apply for IT jobs straight out of high school.
Advantages of the ICT Strand
Enrolling in the ICT strand for SHS gives senior high school graduates valuable knowledge that enables them to either dive immediately into technical professions befitting their interests and specializations, or to pursue further studies aligned with their track. Here are some valuable advantages of pursuing the ICT strand in SHS:
- Graduates can confidently jump into the path of their choosing knowing that their track has given them ample preparation — whether they want to build specializations by taking up further studies or they wish to begin working as soon as possible
- Senior high school students in this track receive valuable experience in practical applications of their knowledge which they can maximize in both solo and team projects, shaping them valuable members of any workplace
- Students can build a better appreciation of the advancing technology of today, while being exposed to opportunities that encourage them to think about how they can safeguard and contribute to one of the world’s most dynamic industries.
Possible ICT Strand Courses You Can Take in College
- Computer Engineering – Computer Engineering is a branch of engineering that weaves together computer sciences and electronic engineering in order to develop computer hardware and software.
- Information Technology – Information Technology focuses on information science and is similar to computer science. Unlike the former, students do not create the hardware and software but rather, learn how to apply these innovations in real-world scenarios.
- Software and Network Engineering – Software and Network Engineering revolves around the systematic development and application of software and network applications including browsers and mobile applications.
- Multimedia Arts – Multimedia Arts is another course under the ICT strand. It teaches how to manipulate various art forms including text, graphics, sound, animation, graphics, and videos in order to create fresh designs. Multimedia artists can find work in advertising, the entertainment industry, or fine arts.
- Digital Illustration and Animation – Digital Illustration and Animation engages students to create meaningful and thought-provoking content. It piques their imagination and encourages them to bring to life their creativity through storytelling, illustration, and 2D animation.
- Graphic Arts – Graphic Arts is centered around motion graphics, animation, design theory, project management, and digital effects. Graduates of this program can successfully enter advertising, entertainment, business, and fine arts fields.
Possible Career Paths with ICT Strand
Students enrolled in the ICT strand in senior high school can find fulfilling and successful careers in the following professions
- Web Developers
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Online Sales Agent
- Radio Technician
- Tech Specialist
- IT Sales Representatives
- BPO officers