General Academic Strand (GAS)
Overview of GAS
Designed to prepare students who are more inclined to general areas of study rather than specialized fields, GAS will present the option for SHS students to take their electives from specialized subjects of any other strands
The Objectives of the GAS
The GAS is ideal for those who are still undecided about which career path they want to pursue in the future. GAS aims to:
- Cover various subjects and topics including Humanities, Social Sciences, Organization, and Management
- Give students the freedom and ability to pursue any undergraduate program under the three other strands in the future
- Develop your communication and writing skills
- Learn about Empowerment Technologies
Advantages of the GAS
The GAS gives senior high school students exposure a variety of different subjects, allowing them to explore each one to see which will be the best fit for them. With GAS, students can:
- Take a wide selection of subjects including Disaster Preparedness, Risk Reduction, And Organization Management
- Enjoy a balanced mix of subjects from the other SHS strands namely HUMSS, ABM, and STEM
- Make a more informed decision regarding their undergraduate program and future career path because they have learned a host of different subjects
Courses to Take After Senior High School
SHS graduates of the GAS strand can enroll in the following undergraduate courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Cinema
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education
Possible Career Paths with the GAS
Senior high school graduates of the GAS can have successful careers as the following:
- Interior Designers
- Social Workers
General Academic Strand Curriculum
Unlike other strands, the senior high school GAS gives students a more general overview on the different subjects rather than a focused approached. Students will tackle subjects from each of the different strands (HUMSS, STEM, and ABM).
GAS stands for General Academic Strand. Through the GAS, senior high school students are given exposure to different courses so they can make a more informed decision about their future career path. GAS gives a more generalized approach towards educating the students, rather than focusing on one or two fields, allowing students to explore their options.
It’s important to remember that there is no right or wrong strand or track. When it comes to choosing a strand, students just have to choose one that they are genuinely interested in or would like to pursue in the future, as the strand they choose will provide them with the knowledge and skills they’ll need in college or future employment.
Under GAS, SHS graduates can get jobs as teachers, doctors, lawyers, businessmen, accountants, engineers, social workers, designers, psychologists – practically any job under the three other strands!
GAS is a very versatile strand because it does not focus on any single career path. This gives students the freedom to explore their options and gives them a good mix of subjects so they can make a more informed decision when it comes to choosing an undergraduate degree in the future.
No, you do not need to answer an entrance test to apply to OEd Senior High School. Senior high school applicants only need to fill out the application form online and submit their requirements via email. Once we have received all your requirements, we will evaluate your application before informing you of our decision. Please take note that this may take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours.
New K11 students are expected to submit the following:
- Successful Online Registration;
- Form 138/ Grade 10 Card;
- Certificate of Completion;
- Certificate of Good Moral;
- NSO Certified Birth Certificate;
- Form 137 or the Transcript of Records (School-to-School Transaction)
The tuition fee costs 32,000.00 in one year on all strands. No miscellaneous fees added aside from the P1,000.00 admission fee every term. The students may pay upfront and will be charged an admission fee only once or may also pay in payment terms (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).