Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM Strand)
Overview of the ABM Strand
The Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM) strand marries creativity, mathematical application, and business sense to prepare the best business professionals of tomorrow. Taking ABM subjects in senior high school will introduce students to the concepts of financial management, business management, corporate operations, and accounting. Students who select this route will be prepared for colourful careers as managers, accountants, and business owners. Students who select this route will be prepared for colorful careers as managers, accountants, and business owners. These ABM courses will equip them with the necessary industry know-how and skills to perform well in their professions and run their businesses smoothly.
Designed to prepare students who are inclined to take college degrees related to business and management programs, taking ABM in senior high school will be about the basic principles of the various functional areas of business such as marketing, finance and accounting, information and technology, and entrepreneurship. The ABM strand is the perfect combination of practical skills and application, as well as shaping senior high school students to adopt the right mindset for crisis management and problem solving on the job and behind their businesses.
The Objectives of the ABM Strand
The ABM strand curriculum was constructed to shape senior high school students that want to forge their own paths in the areas of accountancy, business, and entrepreneurship. Students enrolled in ABM for Senior High can expect to:
- Gain valuable skills expected of their field, such as basic accounting, financial management, and commerce
- Exude confidence in the accomplishment of their projects and assignments in their ABM strand courses, which they can carry over once they dive into their future careers
- Engage in business simulation and be exposed to the different types of decisions business managers face regularly.
It is our goal to challenge our students through their ABM strand courses to be articulate, have strong analytical skills and build teamwork to become successful business managers or owners in the future. Witness the rise of pioneers and industry movers, at OEd.
Advantages of the ABM Strand
The ABM strand equips senior high school students with the necessary skills and knowledge from the converging subject matter of Accounting, Business, and Management to maximize their business-mindedness and set them up for success. Enrolling in the ABM Strand yields the following benefits:
- Builds up the confidence of senior high school students when communicating their ideas, allowing them to have more faith in their concepts and ingenuity during their projects in their ABM courses
- Instills values of honesty and good business practice that are necessary for a field that deals with finances and business relations, while adopting a mindset that actively seeks solutions for any crisis that comes their way
- Hones their math skills for quick and transparent computations that will allow them to make sound business decisions and perform accounting duties with attention to detail and accuracy down the line when entering their careers
ABM Strand Courses
Many of our senior high school graduates go on to pursue further studies with relevant ABM courses in college. Our program has a selection of expertly crafted ABM strand courses built to establish our students’ skills and knowledge to create foundation that shape them into world-class professionals. Take a look at some of the college courses under ABM strand and all the opportunities that await our students after graduation:
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy – If you have an eye for accuracy and are interested in a future of a business’ finances in check, then BS Accountancy might be perfect for you! ABM students who go on to take Accountancy in college aren’t just limited to careers in accounting and bookkeeping. This degree program can also be the key to fulfilling careers in finance, such as budget analysts, internal auditors, and even chief financial officers.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Do you see yourself making waves in an industry and climbing the corporate ladder? This course will equip you with the business sense and corporate know-how that you need to become a savvy professional in your workplace. If you see yourself having jobs such as manager, administrator, market data analyst, statistician, or even becoming a business owner yourself, you may want to consider Business Administration for your college program!
Possible Career Paths with ABM Strand
Students enrolled in the ABM strand in senior high school can lead successful and highly competitive careers in the following professions:
- Advertising Professionals
- Marketing or Sales Representatives
- Account Managers
- Bank Tellers
- Corporate Managers
- Retail Managers
- Financial Advisers
Accounting, Business and Management Strand Curriculum
The ABM strand curriculum was especially crafted to equip students with the necessary skills like communication and socialization that will set them apart as world-class professionals in a highly competitive industry, as well as the business savvy, mathematical, and financial know-how needed for resource management and day to day operations. Finally, ABM graduates will also be given a variety of major subjects dealing with Accountancy, Statistics, and Business Mathematics for industry standard expertise. Enroll into the ABM strand to hone your business-mindedness and equip yourself with the necessary skills to set yourself up for success.
The ABM strand is a versatile option for SHS students that have long hoped to run businesses of their own, or dreamt of leading successful careers as accountants, marketing and sales professionals, and even managers for large commercial entities.
If you have always seen yourself as the type who wishes to be their own boss and launch their business idea, then you may use the ABM courses in this strand to turn yourself into a capable entrepreneur. Other students may feel that this is the right fit if they have always had a fascination for numbers and financial management.
ABM students take advantage of their strand’s versatility by leading successful and fast-paced careers as entrepreneurs, accountants, business associates, account managers, sales and marketing agents, and many more!
Choosing the ABM Strand in SHS will open up a multitude of fun and highly dynamic work opportunities with plenty of opportunity for growth should you choose to go into a corporate line of work. Enterprising students can fully embrace their business-mindedness and launch their ventures with more skills and greater confidence in its success.
At OEd, we believe that all students deserve a shot at quality education! We do not require an entrance exam for enrollment, but we do have a list of requirements that must be submitted in order to pursue the ABM strand, and other tracks available in our curriculum.
OEd SHS requires successful online registration and important documents from Grade 10 Records. We also require an NSO Birth Certificate, and a Form 137 directly coursed to us by your previous learning institution. Learn more in our SHS Application FAQs page!
The yearly tuition fee for students enrolling in ABM for senior high is 32,000 pesos — the same for all our strands here at OEd. Receive quality education, with no miscellaneous fees aside from 1,000 pesos every term. Payment can be settled online over accredited payment channels, or OTC.