TVL – Information and Communication Technology (ICT Strand)
Information Communication and Technology or ICT Strand is one of the strands offered under Technical-Vocational Livelihood (TVL) Track of K-12 curriculum. ICT strand subjects seek to teach students concepts and skills in information technology.
ICT in Senior High School equips students with the skills and knowledge they need to qualify for TESDA-backed certifications such as the Certificate of Competency (COC) and National Certifications (NC). This ensures that graduates of the ICT strand of the TVL track can apply for IT jobs straight out of high school.
Possible ICT Strand Courses You Can Take in College
- Computer Engineering – Computer Engineering is a branch of engineering that weaves together computer sciences and electronic engineering in order to develop computer hardware and software.
- Information Technology – Information Technology focuses on information science and is similar to computer science. Unlike the former, students do not create the hardware and software but rather, learn how to apply these innovations in real-world scenarios.
- Software and Network Engineering – Software and Network Engineering revolves around the systematic development and application of software and network applications including browsers and mobile applications.
- Multimedia Arts – Multimedia Arts is another course under the ICT strand. It teaches how to manipulate various art forms including text, graphics, sound, animation, graphics, and videos in order to create fresh designs. Multimedia artists can find work in advertising, the entertainment industry, or fine arts.
- Digital Illustration and Animation – Digital Illustration and Animation engages students to create meaningful and thought-provoking content. It piques their imagination and encourages them to bring to life their creativity through storytelling, illustration, and 2D animation.
- Graphic Arts – Graphic Arts is centered around motion graphics, animation, design theory, project management, and digital effects. Graduates of this program can successfully enter advertising, entertainment, business, and fine arts fields.
ICT Strand Subjects
Under the ICT curriculum, students will learn how to write programs and design websites. This will also hone their skills in animation and illustration which will help them thrive in the creative field. Aside from these, the subjects in the ICT strand will also cover telecom installation and medical transcription.
For curriculum please click this link Curriculum
Why Choose OEd Senior High School
OEd is the first school in the Philippines to offer a fully flexible and completely online senior high school program. We have long perfected the system by studying and researching the best portals, modules, and teaching methods before even accepting our first batch of students. We can proudly say that our online learning system has gone through numerous tests to ensure it is one of the best in the country, ensuring our students experience a smooth and hassle-free online learning experience, no matter where in the Philippines they may be.
Talk to us to learn more about our SHS program.