Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Strand
Overview of the STEM Strand
Designed to prepare students who express keen interest in taking college degrees focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), senior high school students will be exposed to learning activities that will hone their knowledge and skills in analyzing data, understanding real-world impacts, and conducting research.
The Objectives of the STEM Strand
The STEM strand is designed to nurture senior high school students’ curiosity, problem solving abilities, and communication skills. With the STEM strand, graduates will:
- Have developed a keener sense of creativity and ingenuity which is essential in coming up with new ideas and innovations
- Be more inclined to experiment and be more open to risks
- Be able to apply the knowledge they’ve learned in class in everyday scenarios, most especially in their future courses
Advantages of the STEM Strand
The STEM strand gives senior high school students exposure to the intertwining disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) to see how they work in real life. The STEM strand:
- Builds resilience in a safe environment by allowing students to experiment and to naturally experience failures as part of the learning process
- Encourages teamwork so students can find solutions to problems, record data, write reports, give presentations, and more
- Teaches kids about the power and importance of technology, especially in today’s digital age
- Fosters a habit of adaption when things don’t go as planned
Courses to Take After Senior High School
Senior high school graduates of the STEM strand can enroll in the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Possible Career Paths with the STEM Strand
Senior high school graduates of the STEM strand can have successful careers as the following:
- Industrial Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Marine Engineer
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Strand Curriculum
The senior high school STEM strand provides a deep dive into hard sciences including Earth Science, Pre-Calculus and Basic Calculus, and Physics. These subjects will serve as preparation for students’ future undergraduate programs.
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics strand. Through the STEM strand, senior high school students are exposed to complex mathematical and science theories and concepts which will serve as a foundation for their college courses.
It’s important to remember that there is no right or wrong strand or track. When it comes to choosing a strand, students just have to choose one that they are genuinely interested in or would like to pursue in the future, as the strand they choose will provide them with the knowledge and skills they’ll need in college or future employment.
Under this strand, graduates can get jobs as pilots, architects, agricultural engineers, food technologists, civil engineers, chemical engineers, industrial engineers, IT professionals, chemists, biologists, doctors, nurses.
STEM graduates are very much in demand these days, due to the many infrastructure developments going on around the country and the opening of many foreign plants and companies.
No, you do not need to answer an entrance test to apply to OEd Senior High School. Senior high school applicants only need to fill out the application form online and submit their requirements via email. Once we have received all your requirements, we will evaluate your application before informing you of our decision. Please take note that this may take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours.
New K11 students are expected to submit the following:
- Successful Online Registration;
- Form 138/ Grade 10 Card;
- Certificate of Completion;
- Certificate of Good Moral;
- NSO Certified Birth Certificate;
- Form 137 or the Transcript of Records (School-to-School Transaction)
The tuition fee costs 32,000.00 in one year on all strands. No miscellaneous fees added aside from the P1,000.00 admission fee every term. The students may pay upfront and will be charged an admission fee only once or may also pay in payment terms (please contact email@example.com for details).