Technical-Vocational-Livelihood Track (TVL)
Overview of the TVL Track
The senior high school TVL track is designed for students who wish to start working right after they graduate from senior high school. These vocational courses give students the skills and knowledge they need to get the certifications necessary for work. The TVL track is ideal for those who intend to work abroad as skilled workers.
Objectives of the TVL Track
The Technical-Vocational-Livelihood track is designed to prepare senior high school students for employment after graduation. These vocational courses help students all over the Philippines:
- Provide preparation for occupation of future OFWs abroad
- Gain the experience and skills they need to earn their Certificates of Competency and National Certifications, which they will need to seek future employment
- Enter college with job-ready skills, especially for courses related to their TVL track
Strands Under the Technical-Vocational-Livelihood Track
OEd SHS offers students the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Strand under the TVL track. The program focuses on the principles and practices underlying the analysis, design, implementation, and management of information technology and preparation in health, social and other community development services, business, hotel, and restaurant services. After graduating from this track, relevant courses in college are also available.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) strand with specializations in Computer Programming has the following program educational objectives which will be achieved after graduating from senior high school. These are:
- Continue their baccalaureate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System and other service- related courses in college or university.
- Contribute to the nation by joining the work force in information and communication technology with specializations in programming.
For curriculum please click this link Curriculum
Advantages of the TVL Track
The TVL track gives senior high school students access to vocational courses, as not all students want to or can afford to go to college after senior high school. The TVL strand courses gives students:
- Good preparation for a career, as graduates of vocation courses have a higher employment as compared to other courses
- A smoother transition into their chosen career
- Relevant skills they will need for employment in less time
- Hands-on training to ensure future success
Tech Voc Courses List for Senior High School Graduates
Senior High School graduates in the TVL can explore a number of opportunities following their senior high education. Many of our students in the TVL track have opted to find employment with their skillsets following their graduation. Other students seek out higher education to improve their skills and knowledge within a chosen field of relevant tech voc courses in the Philippines.
Graduates of the Information Communication and Technology (ICT) with specializations in Computer Programming TVL track will find that our curriculum has established a strong knowledge foundation for further studies. They can enroll in several tech-related undergraduate programs, including these programs in the tech voc courses list:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems / Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Interactive Entertainment (Game Development)
- Bachelor of Science in Software Technology
Possible Career Paths with the TVL Track
Senior high school graduates of the Information Communication and Technology (ICT) with specializations in Computer Programming TVL strand course can have successful careers as the following:
- Data Encoder
- System Analyst
- Web Developer
- Game Designer
- 3D Animator
- Layout Artist
- Mobile App Developer
- Software Developer
Technical-Vocational-Livelihood Track Curriculum
The Information Communication and Technology (ICT) with specializations in Computer Programming strand revolves around Computer Science, Information Technology, and Digital Literacy.