“Why choose the ABM strand?” you ask yourself, thinking about the reasons that made you enroll in the Accountancy, Business, and Management strand. Do you feel a tad uncertain about your choice? In this blog, we’ll help you realize why you made a smart decision!
First off, What is the ABM Strand?
The Accountancy, Business, and Management (ABM) strand combines creativity, mathematical application, and business sense to produce the finest future business leaders.
ABM strand subjects empower students to learn about financial management, business management, company operations, and accounting concepts when they enroll in the strand. This prepares them for future careers as business managers, company accountants, and business owners.
The key objective of these ABM programs is to teach students the necessary industry expertise and abilities to function effectively in their jobs and manage their enterprises successfully.
Taking ABM in Senior High School will focus on the fundamental principles of the many functional areas of business such as marketing, finance and accounting, information and technology, and entrepreneurship.
The ABM strand is a wonderful mix of practical abilities and application, as well as molding senior high school students to have the appropriate attitude for crisis management and problem resolution on the job and at their businesses.
Online learning for SHS students is today’s most effective way to learn, and leveraging digital technologies can only sharpen the modern student’s grasp of everyday tech.
Reasons to Choose the ABM Strand
If you’re a student looking to immerse yourself in the world of business, choosing the ABM strand might be perfect for you. There are many reasons to choose the ABM strand, but we’ve listed down the five most popular ones:
1. You want a career in business.
The ABM strand is perfect for those who want to have a future career in business. The subjects under this strand will allow you to have a better understanding of how businesses work. You will also be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge that you will need in order to succeed in the business world.
2. You want to be your own boss.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Then the ABM strand is definitely for you! The subjects under this strand will teach you how to start and manage your own business. You will also learn about the different aspects of running a business, such as marketing, finance, and accounting.
3. You want to learn more about money management.
The ABM strand is also a good choice for those who want to learn more about money management. The subjects under this strand will teach you how to properly manage your finances. You will also learn about investment and financial planning.
4. You want to work in different industries.
The ABM strand is perfect for those who want to have a versatile career. The subjects under this strand will allow you to work in different industries, such as banking, accounting, and marketing. Depending on the industry, you can find yourself in interesting roles.
5. You want to help others in their businesses.
The ABM strand is also a good choice for those who want to help others in their businesses. The subjects under this strand will teach you how to provide advice and assistance to businesses. You will also learn about business consulting and business coaching.
Advantages of Choosing the ABM Strand
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, there are also several advantages that you get if you choose the ABM strand. Learning about the fundamental concepts of accountancy, business, and management enables you to:
- Realize that businesses are more than just a “buy and sell” world. This means that as a student in the ABM strand, you immediately get exposed to the different functions of a business. This will give you a better understanding of how businesses operate and how they generate income.
- Take notice of how transactions exist everywhere, even in the littlest of interactions between people, and the use of this as a leverage. As a potential business professional, the ABM strand educates you on how to work with various types of people and document transactions properly for future references and analysis.
- Discover how businesses, companies, and organizations are representations of the world or a microcosm of society in varying scales.
This basically means that as an ABM student, you understand businesses not just as entities that aim to make a profit, but also as organizations that have responsibilities to the different groups of people that they impact.
- Understand how numbers are an exact science in any business and money is the universal motivational driver for many people. As an ABM student, you are immersed in the nitty gritty of running a business, which enables you to understand that managing money and keeping track of business finances is a crucial part of any organization.
- Cultivate a mindset that is geared towards growing businesses, persons, cultures in a positive sense. This provides you with the advantage of having the business acumen or ability to see opportunities for businesses to grow in the long run.
Compared to other students your age, the ABM strand empowers you to be future-oriented and think about the sustainability of businesses.
These are just a few of the many benefits of choosing the ABM strand as a Senior High School student. Because more than the practical skills and knowledge, it’s having the abundance mindset that can help you frame business situations accordingly.
Having a sharp eye for business can help you, as a potential decision-maker, to call the right shots. This also prepares you well for university education.
What You Can Expect to Learn: ABM Strand Subjects
The main focus of ABM strand subjects revolves around the following:
- Oral and Written Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Organization and Management
In the ABM strand, you can expect to learn the fundamentals of communication, accountancy, business mathematics, marketing, economics, and organization and management. A combination of theoretical and practical knowledge of these concepts will be delivered to you through lectures, discussions, case studies, and hands-on experience in the form of projects and simulations.
The Real World: ABM Strand Jobs
Fortunately, ABM strand jobs are available in different industries, as they are often considered essential workers. Some examples of potential jobs for ABM strand graduates include:
- Tax accountant
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Management consultant
- Marketing manager
- Sales manager
- Human resources manager
The ABM strand provides you with a well-rounded education that can prepare you for a variety of jobs in the real world. As an ABM strand graduate, you will have the practical skills and knowledge to work in various industries.
These jobs are essential in any business or organization, and they offer a great potential for career growth. With the right attitude and mindset, you can be successful in any of these ABM strand jobs.
So, Why Should I Take the ABM Strand?
The ABM strand is a great choice for students who want to have a career in the business world. The strand provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge that you need to be successful in the business world, as you will also learn how to manage businesses, monitor business activities, and ensure that businesses operate efficiently and effectively – even if only on a basic and foundational level.
Interested in learning more about the ABM strand? Contact us today!